tisdag 18 februari 2014

Back in Fineland

Overall I had a good trip to Sweden. Lots of work, long days, but also many parties and new connections to undiscovered countries.

Platform was truly satisfied with Patrik Qvist's interactive installation. It was a collaboration between him and Platform since he was our guest artist in the residency program last year. It was well appreciated among other exhibitors too and about 400 people participated during the weekend and brought home a piece of artwork.

But I was also almost mugged. Two guys came up to me when I was walking home from a party one morning. They asked me for directions but I don't know my way around Stockholm so I just said I'm from Finland. They asked me questions how things are in Finland while they started to get unusually close to me. One of them asked me if he could have the rest of my falafel burger and I said here you go, because I wanted to get rid of them. When he was holding my snack I noticed that he was reaching for my pocket at the same time.

I pushed him away and said what the fuck? The other guy then came on to me and punched me right in the chest. Fortunately I was responding quick enough to hit him back in the face. The other was still holding my burger while flapping his arms around me. He looked like a fool, but I had to hit him because he just didn't stop. The other did a second attempt but I grabbed his cock and twisted it until he was screaming breathless.

I didn't see any blood come from neither of them, but they had to be in pain. The guy who reached for the inside of my pocket was screaming hysterically in an unfamiliar language, too afraid of doing anything. His friend was standing with his hands on his cock while making weird facial expressions. They both left and I went home. The apartment was only about 100 meters from the incident.

The only thing my father ever taught me was how to crack nasal bones. While doing it,
he also subconsciously taught me how to spot a person with personality disorder. I was around the age of 9.